The all-new 2014 Audi SQ5 Crossover SUV is creating quite a buzz in America. Of course this thrilling compact has been enjoyed in other parts of the world already, so you do not have to worry about it needing to work out any new model kinks; as if Audi would have any significant flaws anyway. SQ5 is powered by a supercharged 3.0-liter v6 and eight-speed automatic transmission. It generates an impressive 354 horsepower and 347 pound-feet of torque and can lift you to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds. Fuel economy is expected to be around 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway, which is a little disappointing for a crossover of this size. However, it is equipped with Audi quattro® all-wheel drive, which allows for a little forgiveness where fuel economy is concerned. If you have a modest load to tow, you will appreciate that this strong V6 can safety handle up to 4,400 pounds. It even has a polite turning ratio of 38.1 feet to make it easy to park and maneuver in tight spaces.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Audio - The standard system offers 10 speakers, one subwoofer, iPod, CD player, and 180 watts of power. A spectacular 14-speaker, 505-watt Bang & Olufsen® sound system is available.
• Navigation - The Audi MMI Navigation Plus package includes the navigation system, voice controls, rear camera, park assist, and digital music storage.
• Rear Seat Entertainment - Keep rear seat passengers occupied with an entertainment system. This is a must for families with children.
• Bluetooth® - Never take your hands off the wheel to send, end, or receive calls with Bluetooth®.
• Universal Remote Transmitter - Eliminate the need for multiple remote controls on your dash. This transmitter lets you program three security systems, garage doors, or community gates.
Although the 2014 SQ5 has not been crash tested yet, it is expected to pass with flying colors. After all, the Q5, its sibling, was awarded top safety scores in roof, front, and side-impact protection by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. It offers an abundance of standard and optional safety features. A few of the many safety features include:
• Adaptive cruise control
• Audi side assist
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Electronic stability control
• Brake assist
• Traction control
• Remote anti-theft alarm system
• Engine immobilizer
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Child seat anchors
• Electromechanical parking brake
• Brake drying
• Post-collision safety system
• Self-leveling headlights
• Cornering lights
• Dusk sensing headlights
• Turn signal mirrors
The 2014 SQ5 has been styled to complete perfection, and designed for performance. The air dam Singleframe® grille funnels air down while rear diffuser assist channels reduce lifting. It boasts a wide stance, double pane sunroof, available 21-inch five-spoke star wheels, and quad exhaust that emit a throaty growl.
Finely crafted Alcantara®-covered sport seats with SQ5 badging welcome you as you slip behind the wheel. As you would expect, it is one of the finest cabins in the market, with soft touch surfaces and brushed aluminum inlays. Despite its compact size, both rows are roomy, and the rear set slides and reclines. The center stack is canted toward the driver, and controls for the navigation system are between the shift lever and armrest, which is certainly a unique and thoughtful placement.
Cargo space is a little below average for this segment, but it is enough to please most. With all seats in place there are 29.1 cubic feet, and with the seat down you get 57.3 cubes.