There is a lot to love about the 2013 Citroen C4 Aircross, and it starts under the hood. Although the gasoline engine is only available as a front-wheel drive, the small diesel engine gives you the option of front or all-wheel drive. The most popular model is expected to be the Aircross 115 that offers an average of 4.6 liters per 100 kilometers, putting CO2 emissions at only 119g/km. This four-cylinder diesel will pair up with a six-speed circuit transmission to deliver 84 KW and a maximum torque of 270 Nm at 1,750 rpm. Zero to 100kmh will be achieved in 10.8 seconds, which is relatively slow. Fuel tank capacity is 60 liters with a maximum speed of 182 km/h. For those preferring a little more control, a five-speed manual will be available on certain models. As for the ride, there are really no major weaknesses to report. You will find that the suspension is thoughtfully tuned to provide a smooth and comfortable ride throughout. In its segment, the Citroen C4 is expected to be a front-runner.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
As you would expect, there are plenty of bells and whistles to enjoy on the 2013 Citroen C4 Aircross. Just a few of these standard and optional features include:
• Audio - Soundproofing under the bonnet ensures that you enjoy the best possible sound. Denon delivers a high-fidelity system that includes a 100W subwoofer, four tweeters, 17cm woofers and a 300W digital amplifier.
• Driving Aids - Electrically folding heated mirrors and rear parking sensors are available in most models. This allows you to see what is behind you while reversing at slow speeds.
• Navigation - Placed in a nice central location is the satellite navigation that will help get you to your destination in the shortest amount of time.
• Ambiance - You are sure to love the way the captivating blue glow from the instrument panel creates a serene ambiance throughout the cabin.
The 2013 Citroen C4 Aircross has been made with safety of the driver and passengers in mind. It has been granted a coveted five-star Euro NCAP safety rating, which is the highest that can be achieved. Just a few of the many safety features that it includes to offer peace-of-mind on the road are:
• Seven airbags
• Unfastened seatbelt warnings
• Blind spot monitoring
• Favorite speed memory
• Cornering light function
• Traction control
• Emergency braking assist
• Electronic stability control
• eTouch emergency services
• Antilock brakes
The 2013 Citroen C4 Aircross is a good-looking vehicle. Although it is a crossover with plenty of room, it looks more like a five-door hatchback. Aerodynamic styling, a rear roof spoiler, eye-catching headlamps and gorgeous wheels demand a second look in the row.
Although there is enough room for five passengers, tall riders in the rear will find themselves just a little cramped. Regardless where you sit, you will enjoy a smooth ride, thanks to the fine-tuned suspension and you will also notice just how silent the ride is, even at low speeds as the motor is extremely quiet. Not much has changed in the interior. Everything is laid out nicely and there is a lot of small details you will notice when you sit inside, like the chrome rings around the controls and the use of high-value plastics.
The trunk volume of the 2013 Citroen C4 Aircross is listed at 442-11931. As soon as you lift the tailgate, you notice how roomy it is, and if you put the split rear seat down, even more space is opened. Unfortunately, the sloped roof will make it difficult to fit tall objects inside.