There is so much to love about the 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport SUV that it is hard to decide where to even begin. The 3.5-liter V6 Atkinson-cycle engine mates to an eight-speed automatic to produce 270 horsepower and 248 pound-feet of torque. Although all-wheel drive is optional in most other vehicles, it happens to be a standard feature on this one. RX 350 F can accelerate zero to 60 mph in 7.1 seconds, and tow 3,500 pounds; both of which are respectable numbers. You might expect a crossover that looks this sporty to be horrible when it comes to fuel economy, but RX 350 F Sport does okay for itself, returning 19 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. Taking this vehicle for a test drive is a must; it does not disappoint. It’s been engineered to provide its driver with agile and dynamic handling. Its fully independent suspension took 30 tuning sessions to get just right, and you will appreciate it as soon as you notice how smooth the ride is, without being floaty. The steering is weighted nicely, and there is plenty of sound insulation to keep the cabin quiet.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Audio - The available Mark Levinson® surround sound system is by far one of the best on the market. It includes 15 premium speakers, 330 watts of power, HD radio, USB port and more.
• Rear Seat Entertainment - The dual screen rear seat entertainment system keeps passengers entertained. Seven-inch LCD screens are behind the front seat headrests, and the system comes with two pair of wireless remotes.
• Lexus Enform®- This available system lets you receive real-time traffic information so you can re-route if necessary. Plus, you have access to available sports and stocks information, gas prices and weather.
• Navigation - Enjoy beautifully colored maps and turn-by-turn directions through the optional navigation system.
The 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport excels and fails, when it comes to safety. It receives top safety scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in roof, front and side-impact protection. However when braking was tested, it took 131 very long feet to stop from 60 mph. This is incredibly disappointing considering the regular RX 350 has a shining moment with braking, taking only 114 feet to stop from the same speed. The vehicle does offer some fantastic safety features though, including:
• Ten airbags
• Safety Connect emergency communication system
• Pre-collisions warning system
• Turn signal mirrors
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Child seat anchors
• Remote anti-theft alarm
• Dusk sensing headlamps
• Daytime running lights
• Rear door safety locks
• Stability control
• Engine immobilizer
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Emergency braking assist
To match the energy related from exceptional performance, F Sport gets plenty of bold styling cues to appreciate. The stylish mesh grille gives the vehicle a more aggressive personality from the front while 19-inch dark graphite wheels create a dynamic focal point from a side view. With its aerodynamic styling, sculpted body and attention to detail, this vehicle looks great from any angle.
Seating for five is nothing short of luxurious, as you would expect from Lexus. The split rear seats fold effortlessly using remote levers,, and there is ample head and legroom for rear seat passengers. The front seats are certainly plush, but they could benefit from a bit of thigh support. As for the design, it is stunning with high-quality leather and handsome wood trim. There are an abundance of comfort and convenience features to appreciate, such as heated and ventilated seats that offer three settings for both heating and cooling. On the downside, controls are significantly more complicated than what Lexus usually has in their vehicles. The mouse-like device used for the touchscreen requires too much attention taken from the road.
Cargo space is plentiful in the RX 350 F Sport. With the rear seat in place, you enjoy 40 cubic feet, which is more than generous. Fold the seats down and make use of 80.3 cubes.