When you feel the need for speed and only top-of-the-line performance will do, the 2013 Mercedes M-Class ML63 AMG SUV is the answer to your dreams. Its advanced 5.5-liter V8 engine screams out 518 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque. It mates with an exclusive seven-speed transmission that offers three driving modes, including Manual, Sport and Controlled Efficiency for the most controlled and tailored driving experience. The 4MATIC all-wheel drive is complemented by stability and traction control to ensure the vehicle is always ready for any driving condition. Also, if you have a moderate to heavy load to tow, this vehicle will get the job done with its 7,200-pound towing capacity. Although the ride is smooth, it is definitely a bit firmer in the ML63 AMG due to the AIRMATIC sport suspension. An adaptive dampening system and high-pressure air spring struts deliver an impressive level of comfort.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Navigation - A fast 80GB hard drive navigation system offers directions, 3D maps, ATMs, gas stations and more through the seven-inch LCD screen display.
• Audio - A fantastic Harman Kardon surround sound audio system is powered by 830 watts, with 13 speakers, one subwoofer, CD player and MP3 capability.
• Rear Seat Entertainment - LCD screens are placed in the back of the front head restraints so rear seat passengers can play video games and watch movies. Two sets of wireless headphones and two remotes are included.
• Hot Spot - This optional feature allows you to turn your vehicle into a hot spot, so you can use your computer to get online while you are on the road.
• Music Register - The 10GB Music Register lets you store an abundance of digital music for your listening pleasure.
No crash tests have been performed on the 2013 Mercedes M-Class ML63 AMG SUV, but nine airbags deliver 11-way protection. Braking distances were impressive in the 2012 model, and the 2013 model is expected to do just as well. Safety features to appreciate include:
• Engine immobilizer
• Child seat anchors
• Dusk sensing headlamps
• Traction control
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Brake drying
• Rain-sensing wipers
• Electronic stability program
• Tire-pressure monitoring
• Night security illumination
• Post collision response
• Rear view camera
• Blind spot assist
• Active lane keeping assist
• Attention assist driver-drowsiness monitor
• Active parking assist
• Trailer sway control
• Collision prevention assist
The standard 20-inch wheels set the ML63 AMG apart from its siblings, and if you really want to stand out, this trim offers optional 21-inch wheels as well. The body is muscular with an aggressively sculpted rear apron that is highlighted by chrome tailpipes. In the front, a widened front fender and LED running lamps add points of interest.
When you open the door and sink into the plush leather driver’s seat, you can’t help but feel your heart flutter a little at how luxurious the cabin is. Burl walnut trim is used throughout, but on this model, consumers can choose the optional Anthracite poplar or Brown Satin ash trim instead. The dash is graceful with controls thoughtfully placed and an easy-to-use COMAND center. Leg and headroom are both generous for front and rear passengers. However, the rear seat is more appropriate for two adults or three children.
Behind the rear seat, you will appreciate 38.2 cubic feet, which is more than enough for most people. If you need more space, fold the rear seat flat to open up 80.3 cubes.