2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Crowned ‘Best SUV to Take Off-Road
We, at Reviewitonline.net, are always searching for the most impressive new SUV models on the market. Recently, we searched the auto market for the most impressive off -road SUV models, and one model rose above the rest in terms of its rugged capabilities: the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Of course, there are many new SUVs capable of thriving in the wilderness, but the Grand Cherokee does have several stand-out features that put it ahead of the pack. Along with these off-road amenities also comes value, quality, and reliability- creating the total off-road package.
New Jeep Grand Cherokee Off-Road Features:
- Two available Trail Rated four-wheel drive systems, along with the standard two-wheel drive system
- Selec-Terrain system, available on all Grand Cherokee models, two versions available
- Three available four-wheel drive systems: Quadra-Drive II, Quadra-Trac II, and Quadra-Trac I
- Selec-Trac system offers excellent driving in any condition, five dynamic modes to utilize in specific driving conditions (Tow, Auto, Sport, Track, Snow)
- SRT8 Adaptive Damping Suspension
The new Jeep model is also the first SUV to use the most current closed-type air suspension technology, which provides a more consistent performance at higher altitudes, a quieter ride, and a faster change in ride height. The new Quadra- Lift air suspension system features the following five height settings, as described by the brand:
“Normal Ride Height: 8.1 inches of clearance offers improved fuel economy+ and improved aerodynamics during on-road driving
- Off-road 1: Lifts the vehicle an additional 1.3 inches for added height in clearing obstacles
- Off-road 2: Delivers legendary Jeep off-road capability and provides an additional 2.6 inches of height for 10.6 inches of ground clearance
- Park Mode: Lowers the vehicle 1.5 inches from Normal Ride Height for easy ingress / egress and roof rack loading. Normal Ride Height and Park mode are driver-selectable, giving the driver control over vehicle ride height
- Aero Mode: Lowers the vehicle .5 inches from Normal Ride Height. Aero mode is controlled by vehicle speed and adjusts for optimal performance and fuel economy”
Along with these impressive features, the new Jeep SUV also comes with Best-in-Class towing, Best-in -Class range, Best-in-Class V8, and Hill Assist. In short, the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee is an intelligent choice for drivers looking to make their winter drives a bit less stressful this season.
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.