Tag Archives: 2014 audi a8l
2014 Audi A8 L
The 2014 Audi A8 L is due to hit showroom floors in the United States in spring 2013. At $83,395, the base MSRP may seem high to some, but this car is loaded with more options than you could possibly want or need. If its gorgeous styling does not reel you in then perhaps its strong performance and exceptional fuel economy will.
When you look at the exterior of the A8 L, you can’t help but have an epiphany; finally you realize what luxury should look like.
- LED headlights look like diamond necklaces perched beside a bold horizontal Singleframe® grille
- Aerodynamic styling
- Aggressive stance is complemented by simple and curved lines
- Sweeping hood
- Squared corners in the rear emphasize the wider stance
The interior of the A8 L literally echoes of sophistication.
- 22-way multi-contour seats, including massage capabilities and front seat ventilation
- Rear window power sun shade
- Sweeping dashboard design with wood finish
- Premium leather seating surfaces
It has been said that 2014 will be the year of the diesel engine; Audi agrees.
- 3.0-liter TDI engine offers 240 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque
- Zero to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds
- Fuel economy yields 24 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway
- Legendary Audi Quattro® all-wheel drive provides greater handling precision
- Eight-speed Tiptronic® transmission
Don’t expect to add on too many bells and whistles with this car; it comes pretty loaded already.
- Audi MMI® navigation system that touch responds to handwriting
- Audi Connect™ can turn vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot for eight electronic devices
- Optional 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen® advanced sound system available that offers 1,400 watts of power
- Rear seat entertainment system available with dual 10-inch screens
Audi never disappoints, when it comes to safety features.
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Lane-departure warning system
- Audi Pre-Sense Plus, which can monitor traffic and apply brakes if driver ignores its alerts
It is virtually impossible to not get excited over Audi’s diesel-powered flagship sedan. It gives you everything you could want in a luxury sedan, plus it boasts fantastic fuel economy. Some might say it is the perfect vehicle.