Tag Archives: 2014 bmw 2 series
2014 BMW 2-Series
As a spin-off from the 1-Series, BMW will add a new member to its family in 2014. The 2014 2-Series will be available as a coupe and convertible, and will most certainly be turning heads for all the right reasons. It will use the rear-wheel drive platform of the 1-Series and similar underpinnings of the 3-Series; you really can have the best of both worlds.
Although the 2-Series will be inspired by the design of its 1-Series sibling, it will offer a sportier overall look.
- Powerful shape with short rear deck
- L-shaped tail lights with LED light rods
- Adaptive xenon headlights that can illuminate the most important part of the road for increased visibility and safety
- Iconic BMW grille
BMW is typically very competitive with rivals, when it comes to design and material quality. This should hold true in the 2-Series.
- Convertible should have sun-reflective leather
- Technically a four-passenger vehicle, but rear seat is more practical for small children
- Suggested to be optional wood or aluminum trims
The engine lineup in the 2-Series should consist of turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines.
- Choice of a four-cylinder and inline-6, when opting for a gasoline option
- M Performance model rumors to deliver 360 horsepower
- Choice of six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmissions, but there may be a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic available
- Should offer the responsive steering and sporty ride of the 1-Series
Don’t expect BMW to reveal all its secrets quite yet, but there are a few features that are being seen pretty standard across the line.
- Navigation system should integrate seamlessly with Google™ Services to provide the latest information at all times
- BMW ConnectedDrive lets you and your passengers surf the internet from your car as it acts as a mobile hotspot
- BMW Assist gives you an intelligent navigation system, reliable information service and personal emergency switchboard
- Possible Harman Kardon® sound system
BMW has thought of everything to keep you safe on the road.
- Pop-up rollover hoops on convertibles
- Park distance control
- Self-leveling headlights
- Emergency interior trunk release
If the 2-Series is not exciting enough for you on its own, there is also rumor that BMW may be planning a Gran Coupe to watch for, with a longer platform and sport-short overhangs in the front and rear.
Image thanks to www.autoevolution.com