Tag Archives: bmw 1-series m
2012 BMW 1-Series M Coupe
It is said that the 2012 BMW 1-Series M Coupe is the poster child for a perfectly balanced car; this may be an understatement. From the second the commercial launched showing it doing doughnuts in a parking lot, it was easy to tell this vehicle would create quite a buzz.
Like the rest of the M line, the 1-Series is dominated by a very muscular look.
- Honey comb structured grille
- Overly large air intakes
- Discreet spoiler lip
- Quad chrome-tipped tailpipes
- 19-inch M alloy wheels with Y-spoke design
- Available in Valencia Orange Metallic, Alpine White and Black Sapphire Metal
The cabin takes a sporty approach yet manages to still be upscale.
- Sport seats covered in Boston leather with an embossed M logo and orange contrasting stitching
- Dark Alcantara with orange stitching covers gear shift, handbrake lever, dash and door panels and instrument cluster binnacle
- Leather M multifunction steering wheel
This is a car made for the performance-minded buyer with precise handling and lightning fast acceleration.
- 3.0-liter inline-6 delivers 335 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque
- Zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds
- Six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- Four-wheel independent suspension delivers a smooth ride
Although nicely loaded, the 1-Series M Coupe does offer Premium and Convenience packages for a few more bells and whistles.
- Optional Harman Kardon® sound system with 1 year subscription to satellite radio
- Navigation system that includes BMW iDrive electronics interface
- BMW apps to keep you connected
The 1-Series M Coupe proves that just because a car looks and handles like a sports car does not mean it can’t be as safe as a family sedan.
- Park distance control
- Post collision safety system
- Brake drying
- Cornering lights
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
The past three decades of M cars have been described as the ultimate driving machines; the 1-Series M Coupe is no exception.
Image thanks to blogs.motortrend.com