The main focus in designing the 2013 Peugeot 2008 SUV crossover was to make sure that the driver will be provided with an exceptional driving experience while still enjoying impressive fuel economy. You may think you can’t have the best of both worlds, but Peugeot says you can. This crossover is going to offer a couple of different engines, so it is sure to be attractive to diverse buyers. A frugal but lively 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine will offer 100 horsepower. While it won’t win you any races, it is expected to deliver a CO2 emission of only 99 g/km. Then, there will also be 1.4-liter and 1.6-liter e-HDi diesel engines available as well, but there has not been announcements as of yet concerning final output. One can expect a smooth ride from the 2008. Steering should be right on target, and this will likely be a vehicle you find as easy to park as your coupe or sedan. Plus, a higher driving position will give you greater command of the road.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
Peugeot has not released specifications yet concerning technology, but they are typically fairly consistent across their product line. Looking at the available models suggests that there will be a generous number of technology features available, including:
• Peugeot Connect - A flip up crystal clear touchscreen will alter you to connect with your audio equipment, Bluetooth and navigation.
• Audio - There will be a base audio system that will include a CD player, USB interface and probably a small number of speakers. Then, an optional JBL® Hi-fi audio system should be available with an increased number of speakers plus a 10GB hard drive.
• Navigation - Three-dimensional maps and turn-by-turn directions will display on the large Peugeot Connect flip open screen at the top of the center stack.
• Bluetooth - Never take your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road with this hands-free system.
There is no way of knowing how the 2008 will do in crash or braking tests. That being said, Peugeot does have a positive reputation when it comes to safety. It should feature the same 6 SMART airbags that are present in the 3008 that are designed to give you the right amount of protection where you need it most. Other features to be expected include:
• Restraint System - Peugeot is known for its five-star rating by the Euro NCAP standards for its restraint system.
• Peugeot Connect SOS - This safety system automatically alerts emergency services if your seatbelt pretensioners are activated or airbags deploy, and then sends help to your present location.
• Head-Up Display - To help you maintain a safer driving distance from the vehicle in front of you, the head-up display will tell you the number of seconds at your current speed are between you and the vehicle in front of you.
• Isofix Fittings - The 3-point fitting secures a child seat safety in place without having to rely on seatbelts.
Those familiar with the 208 horsepower will notice right away where Peugeot got its inspiration for the 2008. The hood is chiseled with sporty lines while a sloped roof ends with a rear spoiler. The sculpted lines contour on the sides while stainless steel is used for the side molding. In the front, it is hard to decide whether the “floating” grille or exotic headlights are meant to be the focal point. The vehicle will sit on mud and snow tires finished off by 17-inch alloy wheels.
The interior should be pleasant enough to excite more buyers. Its high seating position puts you in full command of the road as does the generous size windows. To offer a more natural setting, a panoramic sunroof opens to allow plenty of sunshine and a cool breeze. Don’t worry about the passenger cabin getting hot on those sunny days though; the sunroof is made from tinted, laminated glass that limits heat transfer and light transmission in the cabin. Also, although not official, there should be a generous number of cargo compartments inside the vehicle. If you look at the 3008, you will get a good example of features Peugeot typically offers, like space for a 1.5-liter bottle and even space under the rear seat for passengers to use.
Exact cargo space has not been offered as of yet. This is a smaller crossover so one should not expect a ton of room, but it will be certainly more than its 208 relative.