If you are looking to get the maximum performance out of each and every curve of that winding road, you will appreciate the eight-speed automatic transmission and sport-tuned suspension of the 2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid F Sport SUV Crossover. The vehicle is motivated by a 3.5-liter V6 engine and electric motors to produce 295 horsepower. Front-wheel drive vehicles get two motors while all-wheel drive gets a total of three, with one solely dedicated to the rear wheels. Accelerating zero to 60 mph takes 7.5 seconds, and towing capacity is 3,500 pounds, with the optional towing hitch and all-wheel drive. of course, what is more impressive about the RX 450h F Sport is fuel economy, as it returns 32 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. This vehicle is designed to provide handling that is as agile as a luxury sedan. Bumps and holes in the road are absorbed by the four-wheel independent suspension, and the steering is far more weighted and precise than what you might expect in an SUV.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Rear Seat Entertainment - Seven-inch LCD screen are placed on the back of the front seats’ headrests to allow rear seat passengers the opportunity to watch movies and play video games using wireless headphones. They work independently to satisfy left and right passengers.
• Audio - For a magical music experience, upgrade to the Mark Levinson® surround sound system with 330 watts of power, 15 premium speakers, USB port, CD player, HD Radio and more.
• Lexus Enform® - Use your vehicle to check traffic on your route, make dinner reservations or order movie tickets with the Lexus Enform® with App Suite.
• Navigation - Enjoy vividly clear maps and turn-by-turn directions with your navigation system, which includes voice controls and a backup monitor.
Lexus tends to excel where safety is concerned; the RX 450h F Sport is no exception. It received top safety scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in roof, front and side-impact crash tests. That being said, braking capabilities are below average, taking a long 130 feet to stop from 60 mph. Safety features include:
• Pre collision warning system
• 10 airbags
• Safety Connect®
• Smart stop technology
• Brake assist
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Traction control
• Regenerative braking system
• Electronic controlled braking
• Blind spot monitoring
• Stability control
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Intuitive parking assist
• Active front headrests
• Rain-sensing wipers
• Child seat anchors
• Collapsible brake pedal and steering column
• Side-impact door beams
• Front and rear crumple zones
From its striking roof rails to its athletic stance to the 10-spoke wheels, the 2013 Lexus RX 450h has it all. Aerodynamic styling is complemented by a chiseled body for a harmonic balance of sport and sophistication. The jeweled headlights are the perfect finishing touch.
Lexus buyers have grown to expect a certain level of luxury from the passenger cabin of the vehicles made by this manufacturer; RX 450h does not disappoint. The minute you slip behind the wheel, you are enveloped in luxury from the high quality leather to the authentic wood trim. Unfortunately, as soon as you look at the center stack and dash, you can’t help but feel overwhelmed by the vast array of complicated controls. As for seating, there is plenty of leg and headroom in both rows. The front seats are plush, but could use some lateral and thigh support. The backseat is also quite comfortable, partially due to the fact that the seat reclines and slides.
With the rear seat in place, you can take advantage of 40 cubic feet of cargo space, which is certainly generous. Fold the seat down and enjoy 80 cubes.